Dr Ebun Oyeyinka Lesi
Basic Dental degrees
- BDS (Lagos)
- 1989-1992 Maxillofacial Unit, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital Kaduna
- 1993-1994 Gwynedd Hospital, Bangor, Northwales
- 1994-1998 Raigmore Hospital, Inverness, Scotland
- 1998-2004 Norfolk And Norwich University Teaching Hospital, Norwich
Additional and Specialists Qualification
- FFDRCSI – Fellow of The Faculty of Dentistry Royal College of Surgeon in Ireland (Oral and Maxillo Facial Surgery).
Professional Membership and Affiliation
- Member British Association of Oral Surgeons
- Member Association of Dental Implantologists
- Member Society for The Advancement of Anesthesiain Dental Surgery
Expertise and Techniques
- Maxillofacial Trauma
- Orthognatic Surgery
- Salivary Gland Surgery
- Dento Alveolar Surgery
- Dental Implantology
- Dental Sedation and Anxiolysis
Interview with Dr Ebun Oyeyinka Lesi
Why did you become a Maxillofacial Surgeon?
I saw around a lot of people with varied types of facial defects due to multifunctional causes e.g. trauma, tumours, birth defects, infection e.t.c and i felt i had the passion enough to make a difference.
What fascinates you about your work?
The ability to help a patient has serious need to satisfactory outcome. In other words to be able to improve quality of life. Also the ability to pass on skill learnt.
What is your chairside style?
Listening with compassion, being assertive but kind.
What are your hobbies?
Reading, playing squash, travelling –visiting historical sites.
Best advice you ever received?
Be focused and be true to your goal, in all things let humility prevail.
One thing you would teach every patient?
Be realistic with your expectations and your journey to the final outcome of treatment will be pleasant and tolerable.