Dr Amy B. Traore-Shumbusho
DDS, CES ODF, DU ORTH, France
A holder of several specialist orthodontic qualifications, Dr Amy focuses her practice in patient’s satisfaction and quality of service.
Basic Dental degrees
- DDS: Doctorate in Dental Surgery, University of Rabat, Morocco
- French Licence d’Equivalence, Marseille, France
Postgraduate Specialist Qualifications
- University of Toulouse, France: CES Oral Biology
- University of Toulouse, France: CES Fixed Prosthodontics
- University of Toulouse, France: CES in Dento-facial Orthopaedics
- University of Toulouse, France: D.U. Health Economics and Ergonomics
- University of Toulouse, France : D.U. Forensic Odontology
- University of Toulouse, France : D.U. Orthodontics
Professional Membership and Affiliations
- Registered Specialist with the Post Graduate Medical College Nigeria
- Full Registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Member Societe Francaise d’Orthopedie Dento-faciale, France
- Member American Association of Orthodontists
- Fellow World Federation of Orthodontists
- Member American Lingual Orthodontist Association
Expertise and Techniques
- Children Dento-facial Orthopaedics and orthodontics
- Adult interdisciplinary treatment
- Specialist in Invisible braces
- First Incognito Certified Orthodontist in Africa
- First Invisalign Certified Orthodontist in west Africa
- First Damon System Provider in Nigeria
- Mini-screw implantololgy
Interview with Dr Amy B. Traore-Shumbusho
Why did you become an orthodontist?
After becoming a dentist, I chose to specialise as an orthodontist because it afforded me the opportunity to express my artistic talents and my creativity.
What fascinates you about your work?
I enjoy creating beautiful smiles, meeting expectations of my patients and helping people on their journey to self-improvement. The ability to change people’s lives with a great smile is powerful and a privilege.
What is your chairside style?
I am very fortunate to have a wonderful support team at Smile360. All our patients benefit from the team involvement at every stage of their treatment.
What are your hobbies?
I enjoy travelling, running and spending time with my family.
Best advice you ever received?
If you really believe and dedicate yourself positively you can achieve your dreams.
One thing you would teach every patient?
Your smile is precious! Spend time and effort maintaining and protecting it.